Monday 12 January 2015

Concealer Talk : Nars or MAC?

Monday 12 January 2015
Both are concealers raved about excessively in the beauty world.The Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer and the MAC Prolong Wear Concealer are mostly used for highlighting under the eyes.

- Shades I own:
  • MAC:  NC45 (A$32)
  • Nars: Caramel (A$35)
-Swatches:




  • Top Picture : With flash
  • Bottom Picture: Without flash

-Colour range:
  • MAC : Okay so with this one it was extremely different to get a shade which is perfect for me . I didn't want something to brighten up way too much and the lady at MAC gave me NC45. Now one thing about this concealer is that it OXIDISES like crazy! NC45 looks normal in the bottle but when blended oh boy! It looked disgusting like it literally turned orange. I find that with MAC base products they are usually more orange than yellow. I used to use this on blemishes UNDER my foundation as it conceals the spots very well, but I barely do this because my skin is getting better.
  • Nars: Amazing colour range. They cater for many undertones from pink to dark gold-brown undertones. The shade Caramel is perfect for me as it is only one shade lighter. It doesn't oxidise at all.
-Coverage:
  • MAC: This is pretty high coverage, it's light however it sets very very quickly. So you have to work with it fast as when it sets you won't be able to blend it properly. 
  • Nars: Excellent coverage for under eyes. I have horrible dark circles and this is the only concealer I've ever used that actually hides about 85% of the darkness. You can use a corrector if you can still see your dark circles but I do not do this step as I don't aim for a fully brightened effect. It's absolutely amazing and I would recommend it to anyone who has dark circles. It also feels smooth and not too heavy. 
-Creasing: (I have fine lines under my eyes that just don't seem to go away so i'm not too fussy if my concealer creases)

  • MAC: Apparently this has some anti-creasing technology that stops it from creasing under your eyes. Now because i have fine lines every concealer creases so I'm used to it. This does crease on me but not as much as Nars.
  • Nars: This creases a bit more than the MAC concealer but that's fine. Just make sure you set it with any powder you want (Preferably a yellow based powder or a translucent powder).
-Applicator: 



  • MAC: Okay so the pump in this concealer is absolutely horrible! It's very hard to get out the amount you need and when you pump way too much concealer comes out and you end wasting so much. It takes a bit of time to figure out a way to make just a little bit of concealer come out.
  • Nars: I love that this has a sponge applicator so you won't end up using too much.
-Application:
  • MAC: As I said earlier, this sets very quickly so I find that this best works by blending it with a brush or a beauty blender. It's difficult to blend this with your fingers.
  • Nars: Blends beautifully with fingers. I find that the results of this are more amazing when it's blended using fingers rather than using brushes/sponges.
-Would I repurchase:
  • MAC: Honestly, No. The oxidisation of this concealer totally put me off and I probably wouldn't even purchase it again. Also my shade is difficult to obtain as most of the shades are too orange.
  • Nars: 100% YES! Great for your dark circles and provides a smooth flawless finish. It's worth every penny.
Yasmine xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Bronzed Fashionista © 2014